Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Dad Turned 100 Yesterday

Yesterday,  all my siblings and I met for a little birthday party for Dad who turned 100!  My father is an extraordinary man.  Here is an article I wrote for the local paper in celebration of our home town's newest centenarian.

Dad is the youngest child. His mother is newly widowed.
Dad is the youngest. His mother is newly widowed.

Here are the four siblings several years later. The eldest daughter 
will soon leave for Québec and will die four years later.

Dad is about 20 years old here.


        In this picture, Mom is expecting me.  They are on their way to Mexico for a holiday. Dad is 36.

                                                        Here we are just a few months ago.






2 comments:

Foxhollow Studio said...

Thank You for sharing the beautiful story of your Father's life experiences...what a great man he is and no wonder his daughter has so many of his characteristics. You are so lucky to still have him!
Hope you and your hubby are doing well.
Dave & Teresa

Stella said...

Nice to hear from you Teresa!! Hope you are both well.

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...